Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
achilles

Default Numeric in Text to convert back to the form of Numeric for VLookup Purposes

Hi Good Day

I always need to export from Crystal report in excel form, but I dont
know why the account code which is in "Numeric" such as "11001" is
always export as text, and when I want to vlookup from another set of
data, each of them cant recognize each other, is the anyway to convert
the text numenic to purely numeric ??

Btw, the crystal report only offer me to export as MS excel therefore I
cant do convert the text to numeric form ..

--
achilles
achilles's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=31210

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Arvi Laanemets

Hi

Into some free cell enter the number 1. Copy the cell. Select the range with
your text numbers, and then PasteSpecialMultiply

--
Arvi Laanemets
( My real mail address: arvi.laanemets<attarkon.ee )

"achilles" wrote in
message ...

Hi Good Day

I always need to export from Crystal report in excel form, but I dont
know why the account code which is in "Numeric" such as "11001" is
always export as text, and when I want to vlookup from another set of
data, each of them cant recognize each other, is the anyway to convert
the text numenic to purely numeric ??

Btw, the crystal report only offer me to export as MS excel therefore I
cant do convert the text to numeric form ..

--
achilles
achilles's Profile:
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=508827

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
flummi

Suppose your account no. is in A1, try this:

=vlookup(value(a1),<range,......

Hans