-   -   Automatic absolute formulas (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/69048-automatic-absolute-formulas.html)

Greenback

Automatic absolute formulas

Using absolute formulas allows you to copy and paste formulas from one cell
to another so that the new cell shows the same value as the cell that had the
formula in originally. By putting a $ sign before the letter and number of
the cell reference does this. Is there any way that when you create the
formula in the first instance it can be done as an absolute formula? ie, when
I select the function box, and say for instance create an =sum formula, the
formula will be created as (eg) =sum(c2:c20)
is there any way I get the formula to create as =sum($c$2:$c$20) without
having to manually putting in the $ signs.

Thanks in advance

mphell0

Automatic absolute formulas

Hitting F4 after selecting your cell or range will automatically put $
signs
in front of each reference.

--
mphell0
mphell0's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30153

pinmaster

Automatic absolute formulas

The only way I know is to hightlight the formula in the formula bar and then
hitting F4 key.

HTH
JG