-   -   Capital Letters Only (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/69033-capital-letters-only.html)

Simon Jefford

Capital Letters Only

Is it possible to ensure that only capital letters are entered into a cell.

I have tried using a list within data-validation but the cell still allows
both upper and lower case entries.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Simon

Sloth

Capital Letters Only

Use a custom validation (under "allow") and input this formula (under
"formula").

=ISERROR(FIND(UPPER(A1),A1))=FALSE

"Simon Jefford" wrote:

Is it possible to ensure that only capital letters are entered into a cell.

I have tried using a list within data-validation but the cell still allows
both upper and lower case entries.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.
Thanks
Simon