-   -   Require a cell to be nonblank if another cell is nonblank (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/68854-require-cell-nonblank-if-another-cell-nonblank.html)

Herb Wexler

Require a cell to be nonblank if another cell is nonblank

If A1 has any value entered I want to require B1 to be filled in.

For example if an employee puts ome thing in A1 I want them to put their
name in B1.

I'd also like to force todays date into C1

Bob Phillips

Require a cell to be nonblank if another cell is nonblank

If Target.Column = 1 Then
Target.Offset(0, 1) = Environ("Username")
Target.Offset(0, 2) = Format(Date, "dd mmm yyyy")

This is worksheet event code, which means that it needs to be
placed in the appropriate worksheet code module, not a standard
code module. To do this, right-click on the sheet tab, select
the View Code option from the menu, and paste the code in.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips