-   -   In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/68850-excel-copy-sheet-layout-another-sheet.html)

Stan

In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

In EXCEL I want to copy a sheet layout and put it in a new sheet. I have
data results which I want to put in sheets for each month of the year, but I
don't want to re-copy all the headings and row names for each month. I am
sure there is a way, but can't find it in the HELP. Thanks for any
suggestions you may have. Stan.......

Doug Kanter

"Stan" wrote in message
In EXCEL I want to copy a sheet layout and put it in a new sheet. I have
data results which I want to put in sheets for each month of the year, but
don't want to re-copy all the headings and row names for each month. I am
sure there is a way, but can't find it in the HELP. Thanks for any
suggestions you may have. Stan.......

Right click the tab at the bottom of the sheet, then click Move or Copy.
Now, smile when you see how easy it is. You can copy the sheet into the same
workbook (and it'll increment its own name), or into a different workbook.

Pete

In EXCEL copy sheet layout to another sheet

If you CTRL-drag the sheet tab along the bottom of the sheet, you will
be able to copy the sheet in its entirety (i.e. including all
formatting, column widths etc) - a small black arrow will indicate
where the new sheet will be inserted. Once you have done this, it is
relatively easy to delete any data etc and rename the sheet .

Hope this helps.

Pete