-   -   Date Format - April error (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/68741-date-format-april-error.html)

Zane Lassiter

Date Format - April error

My date cell has format (type) '14-Mar-2001' from Excel's Date format
options. I enter 4/16/05 in that cell and hit Enter. Excel generates
'16-Abr-2005' where, of course, April is misspelled. I'm not able to edit to
change 'Abr' to 'Apr' since it's a date field. How can I recover from this
grevious error?
--
Zane Lassiter
Haiku Master

Ron Rosenfeld

Date Format - April error

On Wed, 1 Feb 2006 06:06:35 -0800, "Zane Lassiter"
wrote:

My date cell has format (type) '14-Mar-2001' from Excel's Date format
options. I enter 4/16/05 in that cell and hit Enter. Excel generates
'16-Abr-2005' where, of course, April is misspelled. I'm not able to edit to
change 'Abr' to 'Apr' since it's a date field. How can I recover from this
grevious error?

I would suspect that either your format language, or your regional settings,
are set to a language that abbreviates April as Abr. I know Portugese will do
that, and I suspect there are a number of other languages in the same boat.

Ensure your locale in the formatting dialog is set to a location that
abbreviates April Apr, and you should be OK.
--ron