-   -   Excel - formula help needed (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/68466-excel-formula-help-needed.html)

GimmeStars

Excel - formula help needed

Help please!! I am finalizing a payroll accrual file and would love it if
there was a way to speed up this process every year.

Does any know the formula to get the remaining weeks in a year based on
various date fields?

In other words... an employee accruing his 1st 40hrs of vacation would be...
Emp#123(A1) started on 7/1/05 (A2) - therefore, his specific rate of accrual
..769231 (A3) would be calculated by the remaining weeks 26 (A4) in the year.
What formula can I use to find (A4) based on date of hire (A2) and 52 weeks
in a year?

Anyone's help would be greatly appreciated!!
Have a great day peeps.

Bob Phillips

Excel - formula help needed

Does this help

=IF(date_of_hire<DATE(YEAR(TODAY()),1,1),52,52-WEEKNUM(date_of_hire))

--

HTH

Bob Phillips