Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Les M

Default Comma delimiter for csv downloads?

I have recently upgraded to Windows XP Home edition and have reinstalled all
my applications. I regularly download csv files from one particular site and
use them in Excel, but now they always download with all data in column A (in
the past they downloaded correctly as csv files, using separate columns).

In Control panel/Regional settings, comma is specified as the list
separator, but this is not having the required effect.

I can go through the "Data/Text to Columns/Delimited/comma" process each
time I download (and that process works), but I would like the default to
operate as it should.

Any helpful advice would be appreciated.