Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
daddylonglegs

Default Last initial

Ron Rosenfeld Wrote:

Of course, that only returns the initial of the last name.

To return all three initials concatenated together, as was apparent
from the
OP's initial posting, would require a much longer conventional formula,
which
would be more difficult to adapt to the various possible naming
configurations.

That's one of the advantages of regular expressions.

--ron

Thanks Ron

I didn't read the initial post carefully enough, hence I'd already
edited my reply before your post, sorry :(

I posted a revised formula but of course if you have MOREFUNC I'm sure
the REGEX function would be superior

--
daddylonglegs
daddylonglegs's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30486