Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mongkolkorn

Default jump to active cell in other sheet .

I use windownsXP and excel 2002.
I have 10 sheet in my excel file. now i stay in cell "a1 sheet 1" and sheet
10 cell a10 is active cell. I want to jump from cell a1 sheet 1 to active
cell in sheet 10

(ex. jump to sheet 2 cell a2 = press F5 -- key sheet 2!a2 -- enter
jump to active cell in sheet 10 = ?

thank you in advance

--
mai
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Mai,
I'm not sure I follow your question.
If you want A1 to be the active cell when Sheet1 is activated, A2 to be
the active cell when Sheet2 is activated, A3 to be the active cell when
Sheet3 is activated, A4 to be the active cell when Sheet4 is activated
etc up to Sheet10, where the active cell upon activation will be A10;
then one way is to paste this code into the ThisWorkbook code module:

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Range("A" & Right(Me.ActiveSheet.Name, Len(Me.ActiveSheet.Name) -
5)).Select
End Sub

To get the code into the ThisWorkbook code module..
1. Copy the above code.
2. Right click any of the worksheet tabs to view the contextual menu.
3. Select View code from the contextual menu
4. If the Project Explorer is not visible then go ViewProject Explorer
5. Double click the ThisWorkbook icon to open that code module
6. Paste the code into the blank module.
7. Press Alt + F11 to exit the VBA Editor

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Ken Johnson

Hi Mai,

Use this version of the code which has a line break so that it pastes
correctly into the code module.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Range("A" & Right(Me.ActiveSheet.Name, _
Len(Me.ActiveSheet.Name) - 5)).Select
End Sub

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pete

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mongkolkorn

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" เขียน:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mongkolkorn

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....
--
mai

"Ken Johnson" เขียน:

Hi Mai,

Use this version of the code which has a line break so that it pastes
correctly into the code module.

Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
Range("A" & Right(Me.ActiveSheet.Name, _
Len(Me.ActiveSheet.Name) - 5)).Select
End Sub

Ken Johnson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Peo Sjoblom

Not possible using go to (F5)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"mongkolkorn" wrote in message
Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" เขียน:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
mongkolkorn

hi Peo Sjoblom
use F5 key to go to cell
ex. jump to sheet 2 cell a1 = press F5 -- type " sheet2!a1 " -- Enter
But I want jump to Actived cell in sheet ... what is reference sheet
and cell to type ?
--
mai

"Peo Sjoblom" เขียน:

Not possible using go to (F5)

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon

"mongkolkorn" wrote in message
Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" เขียน:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

I tried using the suggestion: =HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")
But it doesn't seem to work.
All I want to do is to jump to a certain cell in another sheet (same
workbook) when I click on a cell which contains the formula. Somehow, I'm not
succeeding using hyperlink. what seems to be my problem?

"mongkolkorn" wrote:

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" เขียน:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

You could try:
=HYPERLINK("#'Sheet 10'!A10","jump")

But I'd use this (from David McRitchie):

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",C5),C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",sheetone!C5),sheeton e!C5)
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'sheet two'!C5),'sheet two'!C5)

===
or for your sample:

=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'Sheet 10'!A10),"Jump")

You'll find that this formula won't break if you change the name of Sheet 10.

And if you insert/delete rows/columns on Sheet 10, then the formula will adjust
so that the link will take you to the cell that was originally A10.

"mongkolkorn" wrote:

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" เขียน:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

David,

on using the ff : =HYPERLINK("#'Notes!'A2","jump")
Excel says "reference is not valid."

on using the ff:
=HYPERLINK("#"&CELL("address",'Sheet 10'!A10),"Jump")
IT WORKS!!!!!! THANK S A LOT!!! (to Ritchie too...)

"mongkolkorn" wrote:

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" Ã*¹‚¬Ã*¸€šÃ*¸µÃ*¸¢Ã*¸„¢:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Watch your typing:

=HYPERLINK("#'Notes!'A2","jump")
should have been
=HYPERLINK("#'Notes'!A2","jump")

Notice that the apostrophe and exclamation point swapped positions.

But I still the second formula better.

"mongkolkorn" wrote:

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" à ¹‚¬Ã ¸€šÃ ¸µà ¸¢à ¸„¢:

You could put this formula in cell A1 of Sheet 1:

=HYPERLINK(#'Sheet 10'!A10,"jump")

Note that there is an apostrophe after the # and before the !. This
will put the word "jump" in cell A1 and when you click this it will
take you to cell A10 of Sheet 10.

Hope this helps.

Pete

--

Dave Peterson

--

Dave Peterson
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc

Oh, so that's why it didn't work. Nonetheless, am using the second formula,
which you prefer for reasons you've stated. Thanks again.

"mongkolkorn" wrote:

Thank for you answer.
but I want to use press key F5 and jump to other sheet ...,active cell in
other sheet .....

--
mai

"Pete" à ¹â€šÂ¬Ãƒ ¸â‚¬Å¡Ãƒ ¸µÃ ¸¢Ã ¸â€žÂ¢: