-   -   deleting unused cells / getting rid of inactive cells (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67657-deleting-unused-cells-getting-rid-inactive-cells.html)

Woody13

deleting unused cells / getting rid of inactive cells

I have a workbook and its 34mb; too big. Problem is that while I only use
down to row 250 on most sheets, if I "Cntrl + End" the curser/active cell
jumps to the bottom of the spreadsheet (row 65,000+). I've tried to manually
delete the cells and rows but it doesn't seem to work. Any help is
appreciated.

Kevin B

deleting unused cells / getting rid of inactive cells

Copy just the data you want from the original and paste into a new sheet.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Woody13" wrote:

I have a workbook and its 34mb; too big. Problem is that while I only use
down to row 250 on most sheets, if I "Cntrl + End" the curser/active cell
jumps to the bottom of the spreadsheet (row 65,000+). I've tried to manually
delete the cells and rows but it doesn't seem to work. Any help is
appreciated.

Kevin B

deleting unused cells / getting rid of inactive cells

I meant to say, paste into a sheet in a new workbook file.
--
Kevin Backmann

"Woody13" wrote:

I have a workbook and its 34mb; too big. Problem is that while I only use
down to row 250 on most sheets, if I "Cntrl + End" the curser/active cell
jumps to the bottom of the spreadsheet (row 65,000+). I've tried to manually
delete the cells and rows but it doesn't seem to work. Any help is
appreciated.

Ron de Bruin

deleting unused cells / getting rid of inactive cells

See your other thread

--
Regards Ron de Bruin
http://www.rondebruin.nl