-   -   A Pop up message in Excel... (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67645-pop-up-message-excel.html)

Web master

A Pop up message in Excel...

Just curious if this can be done... does anyone know a way to make a pop up
message appear in Excel 2003 when an a file opens? Example, I have a
particular file that is shared for others to update. When whoever opens the
file I would like a little text box to say a few chosen words from me like
"THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" or anything else I choose.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Norman Jones

A Pop up message in Excel...

Hi Ian,

In a standard module paste:

'=============
Public Sub Auto_Open()
MsgBox "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED"
End Sub
'<<=============

---
Regards,
Norman

"Web master" wrote in message
Just curious if this can be done... does anyone know a way to make a pop
up message appear in Excel 2003 when an a file opens? Example, I have a
particular file that is shared for others to update. When whoever opens
the file I would like a little text box to say a few chosen words from me
like "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" or anything else I choose.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Jim Thomlinson

A Pop up message in Excel...

In the thisworkbook module in the VB Editor add this code(Right click the
Excel icon in the top right hand corner of Excel and choose view code)

Private Sub Workbook_Open()
MsgBox "THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED", _ vbInformation,
"Warning"
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"Web master" wrote:

Just curious if this can be done... does anyone know a way to make a pop up
message appear in Excel 2003 when an a file opens? Example, I have a
particular file that is shared for others to update. When whoever opens the
file I would like a little text box to say a few chosen words from me like
"THIS FILE IS NOT TO BE MOVE OR RENAMED" or anything else I choose.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

Web master

A Pop up message in Excel...