-   -   Formula help request (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67541-formula-help-request.html)

[email protected]

Formula help request

I'm trying to develop a formula that will calculate the linear feet of
reinforcing bar I will need when I input the dimensions of a
rectangular concrete slab.

Let's say that I have a slab that is 100' x 50' and I need to have
rebar at 16" on center both ways.

I need a formula to calculate that.

Thanks so much.
GMC

Marvin P. Winterbottom

Formula help request

put the length in cell A1, the width in cell B1 then the formula is:

=((A1/16)*B1)+((B1/16)*A1)

I think, but try it, or get a second opinion. :)

" wrote:

I'm trying to develop a formula that will calculate the linear feet of
reinforcing bar I will need when I input the dimensions of a
rectangular concrete slab.

Let's say that I have a slab that is 100' x 50' and I need to have
rebar at 16" on center both ways.

I need a formula to calculate that.

Thanks so much.
GMC

pinmaster

Formula help request

Try this:

assumings

A1 = width in feet
B1 = lenght in feet
C1 = spacing in inches

=ROUNDDOWN(A1*12/C1,0)*B1+ROUNDDOWN(B1*12/C1,0)*A1

if I input 100 X 50 I get 7450 feet.

HTH
JG

" wrote:

I'm trying to develop a formula that will calculate the linear feet of
reinforcing bar I will need when I input the dimensions of a
rectangular concrete slab.

Let's say that I have a slab that is 100' x 50' and I need to have
rebar at 16" on center both ways.

I need a formula to calculate that.

Thanks so much.
GMC

Marvin P. Winterbottom

Formula help request

yes, yes, mine was wrong, I forgot about feet and inches...