-   -   spread list for optimal printing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67243-spread-list-optimal-printing.html)

vince

spread list for optimal printing

Hi,

I have a column with a list of 11k fields that i'd like to print on the
least number of pages possible. Is there a simple function to automatically
break down that single column into as many columns as can fit into a page
wide?

Thanks

Jim Cone

spread list for optimal printing

vince,
You can paste into Word and use Format | Columns

or

David McRitchie has some code to try in Excel...
http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/snakecol.htm

or

buy a commercial application.

Jim Cone