-   -   Forumlas Not Executing (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67174-forumlas-not-executing.html)

Trey

Forumlas Not Executing

Hello,

I'm experiencing something odd -- whenever I type in a formula into a
particular spreadsheet, it doesn't execute. The formula prints in the cell as
if it were text. I haven't had this problem with other spreadsheets. Did I
somehow turn a global setting off where the spreadsheet doesn't execute
formulas?

Thanks for your help!

Gary''s Student

Forumlas Not Executing

If the formula in the cell appears like the formula in the formula bar then
there are two possible explanations:

1. you are in equation view. Touch CNTRL-~ to correct this.

2. the cells were formatted as text before the formulae were entered. To
correct this, re-format the cell as General and then click at the end of the
formula bar and touch enter

--
Gary's Student

"Gary''s Student" wrote:

If the formula in the cell appears like the formula in the formula bar then
there are two possible explanations:

1. you are in equation view. Touch CNTRL-~ to correct this.

2. the cells were formatted as text before the formulae were entered. To
correct this, re-format the cell as General and then click at the end of the
formula bar and touch enter

Thank you for your help! I got things up and running. :)