-   -   Pivot table to calc by group (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67165-pivot-table-calc-group.html)

xlcharlie

Pivot table to calc by group

I have a data set with a number of grouped items. Group A. Group B. Group
C. Etc. Each group has a number of series. Series 1. Series 2. Etc. Each
Series of each Group has a Status. For simplicity, let's say Open & Closed.
So the data is arranged by columns, each column representing a field, one for
Group, Series, and Status each. So one record might be: Group A, Series 3,
Status Closed. What I need is a count of the number of Groups that are open,
the number that are closed, and the number that have more than one Series
with differing Statuses. Anyone know a way to do this? I've been
experimenting with using a Pivot table with limited luck (Pivot: Y axis =
Group, X axis Status, Count Series, then function at bottom using COUNTA().)

Thanks in advance for your help.