-   -   how do i make (C) in a cell without it circling the C? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67136-how-do-i-make-c-cell-without-circling-c.html)

billieann

how do i make (C) in a cell without it circling the C?

Im trying to make (C), and the program keeps automtically putting a circle
around the C. I want parenthesis around an upper case C, not a circle.

Bob Phillips

how do i make (C) in a cell without it circling the C?

Delete the autocorrect entry (ToolsAutocorrect) for that combination.

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"billieann" wrote in message
Im trying to make (C), and the program keeps automtically putting a circle
around the C. I want parenthesis around an upper case C, not a circle.

Leith Ross

how do i make (C) in a cell without it circling the C?

Hello billieann,

First select your cell that has "(C)" in it. Next, on the menu under
TOOLS select AUTOCORRECT...

You should see the copyright symbol "(C)" highlighted. Click DELETE at
the bottom.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Gary''s Student

how do i make (C) in a cell without it circling the C?

Tools Options... Spelling Autocorrect options and highlight the
offending correction and delete it
--
Gary's Student