-   -   How do you reference the logged on user name in excel? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/67089-how-do-you-reference-logged-user-name-excel.html)

Taurus

How do you reference the logged on user name in excel?

I am making a template that sever users will be using this & I don't know how
to automatically put the logged in users name into the header. Can someone
help with this???

Leith Ross

How do you reference the logged on user name in excel?

Hello Taurus,

The name of the current user can be returned using
Application.UserName. There are 3 headers on each Worksheet, Left,
Center, and Right. These are accessed through PageSetup.

Example for Left Header:
Worksheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.LeftHeader = Application.UserName

Example for Center Header:
Worksheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.CenterHeader = Application.UserName

Example for Right Header:
Worksheets("Sheet1").PageSetup.RightHeader = Application.UserName

Remember this has to be done to each sheet you want a header to appear
on. Replace "Sheet1" in the examples with the name of Worksheet that
will have a header.

Sincerely,
Leith Ross

--
Leith Ross
Leith Ross's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=18465

Taurus

How do you reference the logged on user name in excel?

Leith,

Is this using the VBA part of excel? I am pretty much a newbie in that. I
have written any type of VB code in a while... I will try to keep at it but
s far I am unsuccsessful.

Sincerely, Taurus.