-   -   Nested IF statements (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66901-nested-if-statements.html)

maacmaac

Nested IF statements

A cell in Excel contains 8 or 9 IF statements. The cell is returning
#VALUE error; meaning there is a flaw in the formula. Is there a way
to determine which part of the formula is being caculated without
having to go through each IF statement one-by-one? I hope my question
is clear. Any help would be great. Thanks.

--
maacmaac
maacmaac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2959

Dave Peterson

Nested IF statements

If you're using xl2002+, you can use:

Tools|formula auditing|evaluate formula

In earlier versions, you can select portions of the formula in the formula bar
and hit f9 to see how that portion evaluates.

Hit escape to reset the formula back to what it was--or ctrl-z to just reset
that portion of the formula.

maacmaac wrote:

A cell in Excel contains 8 or 9 IF statements. The cell is returning
#VALUE error; meaning there is a flaw in the formula. Is there a way
to determine which part of the formula is being caculated without
having to go through each IF statement one-by-one? I hope my question
is clear. Any help would be great. Thanks.

--
maacmaac
maacmaac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...fo&userid=2959
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=504192

--

Dave Peterson

roadkill

Nested IF statements

I believe you'll also find that Excel permits nesting up to a maximum of 7
levels deep (not 8 or 9). This could also be your problem.
- Will