-   -   Denying access (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66889-denying-access.html)

cware

Denying access

While at lunch or vacation day, or whenever, I have a file clerk who gets
into my computer to use Excel and changes my defaults or in general screws up
my other programs (because she thinks she is computer literate). Can I deny
access to Excel from my station so that she will go somewhere else?

Nick B

Denying access

Can you lock your computer? If Windows 2000/XP, hit Ctrl+Alt+Del and click
Lock Workstation/Computer (or use a shortcut key). It can be very dangerous
to leave a computer sitting on depending on what you have on the computer.