Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gloria Lewis

Default Parsing Problem

I need to be able to parse my records into seperate columns: Size, Material,
#ofColors, Coating, Finishing, Custom Specs.

The delimiter is ||. I tried using the Data, Text to Columns options,
however if a record does not contain all of the fields, then it ends up in
the wrong column. How can I parse by looking for the Field Name contained
within the record (i.e. Size:, Material:). Here's my sample data. The
first record has 4 fields (size, material, # of colors, finishing). The
second record has 5 fields (size, material, # of colors, coating, finishing).
Thanks.

Size: 3.25" x 12.5", folds up to 8.5" || Material: 10 point C2S || # of
Colors: 4/cp 2/sides plus a varnish seal and metallic scratch off one side.
|| Finishing: Die-cut holes and strip waste. Score at top and perf at bottom
fold. Seal fold closed with a dot of easy remove waste.

Size: 3-1/4" x 8-3/8" || Material: 10 point C1S || # of Colors: 4C/1C
(two-sided) plus overall gloss on front side only || Coating: Gloss on front
side only || Finishing: Die-cut hole, strip waste and score.

Size: 3.25" x 12.5" flat, folds up to 3.25" x 8.5" || Material: 10 pt C1S ||
# of Colors: 4/1 || Finishing: Die-cut and strip waste from hole. Score near
neck and perf where it folds up. Fold and hold in place with a dot of easy
remove glue.

Size: 3.257"w x 8.512"h || Material: 10pt C1S Cover || # of Colors: 4/1 +
Gloss on front side only || Finishing: Die cut hole for neck of bottle and
score

Size: Bottlenecker for the 500 ml Propel bottle. Please confirm the
following will work: 3.75"w x 9.25"h || Material: 10 point C1S || # of
Colors: 4C/0 (one-sided) plus overall gloss on front side only || Custom
Specs: Die cut Would like to use an existing die