-   -   open csv file, display format (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66760-open-csv-file-display-format.html)

kei

open csv file, display format

in my csv file, there is a string '123', but when open it, Excel treat it as
numeric and so use right alignment, any method to force Excel treat it as a
string? (I have try to pad some space character before and after the string
'123' but it still doesn't work!!)

Gary''s Student

open csv file, display format

You need to invoke the import wizard:

Just re-name your file from .csv to .txt before you open it. Tell the
import wizard that the field is text
--
Gary's Student

"kei" wrote:

in my csv file, there is a string '123', but when open it, Excel treat it as
numeric and so use right alignment, any method to force Excel treat it as a
string? (I have try to pad some space character before and after the string
'123' but it still doesn't work!!)

kei

open csv file, display format

Thx Gary's student,
I've found another method now, just use "=" to enclose the numeric string,
e.g. "=123", then when Excel open the .csv, it will treat it as String!!