-   -   Upgrade from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 without MS Office 2003? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66674-upgrade-excel-2000-excel-2003-without-ms-office-2003-a.html)

brigida3

Upgrade from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 without MS Office 2003?

I have signed up for an Excel 2003 distance course. Originally, I was told I
would be receiving a trial-version disk for Excel 2003 with my course books.
However, I am now being told that I need MS Office 2003 but, since I have
Windows 98 SE on my computer, I will not be able to run MS Office 2003. Is
there a way to upgrade just the Excel 2000 program I currently have on my
computer to Excel 2003? Otherwise, I will have to upgrade my entire
operating system to Windows XP Professional, and that is not an option right
now.

Dave Peterson

Upgrade from Excel 2000 to Excel 2003 without MS Office 2003?

I think I would explain the situation to the instructor. There may be a few
things that you won't be able to do using xl2k, but maybe they aren't covered in
detail during the course.

I know I couldn't upgrade past xl2002 until I upgraded from win98 to winXP.

--

Dave Peterson