-   -   how do you add up check boxes (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66637-how-do-you-add-up-check-boxes.html)

strider11580

how do you add up check boxes

I have check boxes on my Excel sheet. I can check and uncheck them. I would
like to be able to have a running total at the bottom. I want to be able to
check somthing off in the collum and it show a total of checked boxes at the
bottom. Can someone give me some help with this.

Peo Sjoblom

how do you add up check boxes

Assuming you want to count how many are checked, if for instance you have 10
check boxes, link them to a range of cells somewhere off view like in
AZ1:AZ10, then use a simple countif

=COUNTIF(AZ1:AZ10,TRUE)

will count how many are checked using default check values

Peo Sjoblom

Portland, Oregon