-   -   How do I get the maximum absolute value of a range of numbers? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66206-how-do-i-get-maximum-absolute-value-range-numbers.html)

biscuitsmom

How do I get the maximum absolute value of a range of numbers?

I have a range of numbers

10
5
2
6
-1
-5
-25

I want to have a single formula that will give me the maximum absolute value
of that range. The answer should be 25 but I can only get it to answer 10.

Kassie

How do I get the maximum absolute value of a range of numbers?

Hi

Try =MAX(ABS(A1:A7))
hth

"biscuitsmom" wrote:

I have a range of numbers

10
5
2
6
-1
-5
-25

I want to have a single formula that will give me the maximum absolute value
of that range. The answer should be 25 but I can only get it to answer 10.

Dave Peterson

How do I get the maximum absolute value of a range of numbers?

=MAX(ABS(A1:A10))

them yourself.)

Adjust the range to match--but you can't use the whole column.

--

Dave Peterson