-   -   Want footer in all docs I create (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66105-want-footer-all-docs-i-create.html)

tojo107

Want footer in all docs I create

Is it possible to have a default footer in all documents I create? I know I
can do it manually, but I wanted to have a default footer in all docs I
create.
Thanks,
Tom

Dave Peterson

Want footer in all docs I create

If you create a template workbook and store it in your XLStart folder, then each
time you click on the new icon on standard toolbar, the new workbook will
inherit all the stuff you've set up in that template workbook--including
headers/footers.

Name this template workbook Book.xlt (and remember to set up all the worksheets
the way you want them).

If you want the same ability when you add new sheets to existing workbooks,
create another template workbook (still stored in your XLStart folder), but name
this one Sheet.xlt.

--

Dave Peterson