-   -   Creat a formula for multiplying a formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66100-creat-formula-multiplying-formula.html)

Kylie Rose

Creat a formula for multiplying a formula

Someone on this site was kind enough to give me the following formula:

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,"";1,50;2,100;3,120})

Now however I need to multiply the formula contained in this cell by a
number entered into another cell in the same row.

So say A1 = People, B1 = Days, C1 = Above formula (calculating cost for the
amount of people, D1 needs to = the price for that amount of people for that
amount of days, I tried =SUM(B1*C1), obviously easy is not the best choice,
all I get is #VALUE! and after trying the suggested remedies I've had no luck.

Thank you to anyone taking the time to answer this! :) Kylie

CLR

Creat a formula for multiplying a formula

Just plain

=B1*C1

No "SUM()" part required...........

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"Kylie Rose" wrote:

Someone on this site was kind enough to give me the following formula:

=LOOKUP(A1,{0,"";1,50;2,100;3,120})

Now however I need to multiply the formula contained in this cell by a
number entered into another cell in the same row.

So say A1 = People, B1 = Days, C1 = Above formula (calculating cost for the
amount of people, D1 needs to = the price for that amount of people for that
amount of days, I tried =SUM(B1*C1), obviously easy is not the best choice,
all I get is #VALUE! and after trying the suggested remedies I've had no luck.

Thank you to anyone taking the time to answer this! :) Kylie

jnurse

Creat a formula for multiplying a formula

Hi Kylie,

Just keep it simple with the multiplication operator (=B1*C1) or if you're
using a function, try =PRODUCT(B1,C1).