-   -   formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/66096-formula.html)

msiz

formula

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

Florence

formula

Can you try COUNTIF function? Supposed that cells contained yr answers is
ranged from A1 to A10, then at A11:
=COUNTIF(A1:A10, TRUE)

Hope it helps!

"msiz" wrote:

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

Dav

formula

countif(range,true)

eg countif(a1:a50,true)

should work

--
Dav
Dav's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27107

CLR

formula

And if you want to know what the percentage of the total are "true", try
this........

=COUNTIF(A:A,"true")/COUNTA(A:A)*100&"%"

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"msiz" wrote:

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

Dave Peterson

formula

I think I'd just divide by 100 and format as percentage:

=(COUNTIF(A:A,"true")/COUNTA(A:A))/100

Then it's still numeric.

"msiz" wrote:

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

--

Dave Peterson

CLR

formula

If one is going to reformat the cell as percentage, there is no need to
divide by 100.

Just
=(COUNTIF(A:A,"true")/COUNTA(A:A))
formatted as percentage, will suffice

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"msiz" wrote:

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

--

Dave Peterson

Dave Peterson

formula

I was guessing that the OP may want to see .10 as 10%.

"msiz" wrote:

what formula do I use to total words? ie I have a column of TRUE and FALSE
answers and I want to add up how many TRUE answers there are
THanks :)

--

Dave Peterson

--