-   -   How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65861-how-lookup-when-range-contains-multiple-identical-entries.html)

Doug Laidlaw

How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?

Here's a simple example of what I'm trying to do on a larger scale. I have a
raw list of data as below. I rank them elsewhere and then I use a lookup
function to find match the country to the value. The problem is that when I
do a lookup on "10" it gives me Egypt every time because it is the first
match that it finds. How do I get it to skip Egypt the next time "10" appears
and to show UK, and then Russia, etc

Example:
China 25
Egypt 10
UK 10
Germany 80
Russia 10
Spain 20
Italy 5

CLR

How to lookup when range contains multiple identical entries?

You can do Data Filter AutoFilter, and then click on the arrow at the top
of your "Rank" column and select "10" and it will display all the rows that
contain 10 in that column............Data Filter AutoFilter again to set
everything back to normal.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3