-   -   Number of day - date function (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65858-number-day-date-function.html)

[email protected]

Number of day - date function

Hi NG,

Is there a function in Excel that returns the date when given the
number of the day in the year (i.e. 1-365)?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best,

M.L.

Gary Brown

Number of day - date function

In an available cell (say A1), put the date 31/12/05, then next to the
cell where you enter the number for the days into a year (say B2) enter
=A2+A1

--
Gary Brown
Gary Brown's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=17084

roadkill

Number of day - date function

You can just add the number of days to the last day of the previous year.

Example:
="12/31/2005" + I4 would yield the date in 2006 according to the value in I4
(when formatted as a date, of course).

Will

" wrote:

Hi NG,

Is there a function in Excel that returns the date when given the
number of the day in the year (i.e. 1-365)?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best,

M.L.

CLR

Number of day - date function

Assumint numbers are in Column A, and you want dates for THIS year, put this
in B1 ad copy down..........

=DATEVALUE(12&"/"&31&"/"&YEAR(TODAY()))-365+A1

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

" wrote:

Hi NG,

Is there a function in Excel that returns the date when given the
number of the day in the year (i.e. 1-365)?

All help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Best,

M.L.

[email protected]

Number of day - date function