-   -   Excel formula (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65830-excel-formula.html)

JGreig

Excel formula

I'm doing a staffing allocation. I have PT for part time staff. I want PT
to equal 0.5 in my formula. My formula now is =countif(a1:a3,"pt") How do I
make PT=0.5?

Dave O

Excel formula

The COUNTIF() function in your context, counts occurences of "pt" in
the specified range. It sounds like you want the resulting count of
"pt" to have 1/2 the weight of a full time employee. If that's
correct, your formula would need to include "/2" or "*.5" (no quotes,
of course) to halve the weight.

Bernie Deitrick

Excel formula

J,

=countif(a1:a3,"pt")/2

HTH,
Bernie
MS Excel MVP

"JGreig" wrote in message
I'm doing a staffing allocation. I have PT for part time staff. I want PT
to equal 0.5 in my formula. My formula now is =countif(a1:a3,"pt") How do I
make PT=0.5?

SteveG

Excel formula

=COUNTIF(A1:A3,"PT")*0.5