-   -   Delete all contents of cell but one word (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65761-delete-all-contents-cell-but-one-word.html)

Hayette Hasham

Delete all contents of cell but one word

I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents
of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help?
Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do.
Regards Hayette

Anne Troy

Delete all contents of cell but one word

Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and
change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet
or 40 sheets?
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hayette Hasham" <Hayette wrote in message
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents
of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help?
Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do.
Regards Hayette

torajudo

Delete all contents of cell but one word

Find/Replace does indeed work as I just ested it:

EditFind and Replace

In Find box: type ML
for Replace, LEAVE THIS BOX BLANK

(I put ML10 and ML11 in two separate cells, checked "replace all", an ML
disappeared)

Hope it works
Laura

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and
change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet
or 40 sheets?
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hayette Hasham" <Hayette wrote in message
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents
of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help?
Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do.
Regards Hayette

Hayette Hasham

Delete all contents of cell but one word

Thanks for your answer, I very much appreciate it.

I have 40 pages to go through in the same file. The "ML" is attached to a
sentence, so will this work? For example... I have cells that say "Nail
Colour Shade 16ML"... these types of descriptions appear in cells/columns.. I
want to get rid of "NoML".
I hope this explains what I mean.

Hope you can help.
Hayette

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and
change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet
or 40 sheets?
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hayette Hasham" <Hayette wrote in message
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents
of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help?
Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do.
Regards Hayette

torajudo

Delete all contents of cell but one word

Even with your added info, I believe Find/replace as I outlined will work in
seconds flat...

"Anne Troy" wrote:

Why don't you just type the ML and copy it down? Can you find/replace and
change it? What are the other characters and are the 40 pages in one sheet
or 40 sheets?
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Hayette Hasham" <Hayette wrote in message
I hoping someone could help me with this. I want to delete all the contents
of a cell and only keep the word "ML". Can anyone help?
Very much appreciated as I have 40 pages of this to do.
Regards Hayette

Anne Troy

Delete all contents of cell but one word

I have a feeling something like this may help you, Hayette:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=544
Or perhaps this:
http://vbaexpress.com/kb/getarticle.php?kb_id=156
(I think the 2nd might be best for your purposes.)
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com