-   -   Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3 (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65623-macro-created-excel-2000-sr1-wont-run-sp3.html)

NB

Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3

Hi,

I have a macro which was created for use with Excel 2000 SR1 (on Windows
2000). We have migrated to new hardware, still using Windows 2000, but now
have Excel 2000 SP3 and our macro just hangs.

The security was set to medium and even if I turn it to low the macro stuill
hangs.

I'd love to hear any ideas as to how to fix this or where we are going wrong.

Thanks.

Anne Troy

Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3

We'd need to see the code to be able to help with a solution. There's a few
things that could go wrong, but we can't guess. :)
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"NB" wrote in message

I have a macro which was created for use with Excel 2000 SR1 (on Windows
2000). We have migrated to new hardware, still using Windows 2000, but
now
have Excel 2000 SP3 and our macro just hangs.

The security was set to medium and even if I turn it to low the macro
stuill
hangs.

I'd love to hear any ideas as to how to fix this or where we are going
wrong.

Thanks.

NB

Macro created in Excel 2000 SR1 won't run with SP3

Unfortunately the person who created the macro saw fit to password protect it
so I am unable to post the code.

I was hoping there would be a known 'issue' which we could fix quickly and
easily by changing a setting or environmental variable but I appreciate that
this cannot be identified without seeing the macro itself.

Thank you for taking the time to respond.