Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Pheasant Plucker®

Default How to setup a 'chooser' box/cell for Y or No?

Sorry...don't quite know how to describe what I want to do...any telepaths
out there? ;^)

In a spreadsheet I have a need for a cell to display Y or N.

Rather than type in Y or No I would like to be able to select either option
by clicking on the cell and choosing Y or N from a small menu.

I have cut & pasted a similar cell from another spreadsheet so now when I
click in the cell there is the grey square with a black arrow displayed at
the right hand side of the cell.

On the spreadsheet I copied from there was this choice of Y or N but this
did not seem to be copied over to my new spreadsheet.

There did not appear to be a formula to the cell either.

What is the proper name for what I am trying to do and how do I get the
auto-requestor cell to display either Y or N please?

Also is there a way to define a number value in the adjacent cell if N is
selected & displayed?

For example for some entries where N is displayed I need to assign a value
of 1 in the adjacent cell and for others I need to assign a value of 2, 3 4,
or 5.

Is this even possible?

--
Thanks & regards,