-   -   IF formula help (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65351-if-formula-help.html)

Bryan

IF formula help

Hi,

I have created a budget re-forecasting spreadsheet to circulate around my
team. One of the colums shows the variation from the original budget for
each project which is either positive or negative. Is there a formula that
could total only the positive figures e.g. IF cells within the colum are
positive count them but if not dont?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

Bob Phillips

IF formula help

=SUMIF(A:A,"0")

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Bryan" wrote in message

I have created a budget re-forecasting spreadsheet to circulate around my
team. One of the colums shows the variation from the original budget for
each project which is either positive or negative. Is there a formula

that
could total only the positive figures e.g. IF cells within the colum are
positive count them but if not dont?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

Becks

IF formula help

Try =SUMIF(A1:A100,"0",A1:A100), YOU CAN EXTEND THE RANGE IF NEEDED.

"Bryan" wrote:

Hi,

I have created a budget re-forecasting spreadsheet to circulate around my
team. One of the colums shows the variation from the original budget for
each project which is either positive or negative. Is there a formula that
could total only the positive figures e.g. IF cells within the colum are
positive count them but if not dont?

Thanks in advance,
Bryan

Bryan