-   -   How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65341-how-make-add-show-under-run-macro.html)

mliungman

How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro

Hi!

I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on
my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run
it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run -- Macro.

Please advice!

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30397

Bob Phillips

How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro

It doesn't show, but you can still run it by typing it in the textbox

myAddin.xla!MySub

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mliungman" wrote
in message ...

Hi!

I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on
my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run
it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run -- Macro.

Please advice!

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501594

Bob Phillips

How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro

BTW, functions will show in the function list.

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"mliungman" wrote
in message ...

Hi!

I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on
my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run
it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run -- Macro.

Please advice!

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile:

View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501594

Dave Peterson

How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro

Give the user a way to run your macro.

If you want to add an option to the worksheet menu bar, I really like the way
John Walkenbach does it in his menumaker workbook:

Here's how I do it when I want a toolbar:
http://www.contextures.com/xlToolbar02.html
(from Debra Dalgleish's site)

mliungman wrote:

Hi!

I just managed to create an Add-in on our server that shows up fine on
my workstation. The macro is not available though. I can see it and run
it in VBE, but it's not listed under Run -- Macro.

Please advice!

Martin

--
mliungman
mliungman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30397
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread...hreadid=501594

--

Dave Peterson

mliungman

How to make an Add-in show under Run-Macro

Thanks guys!

You gave several answers to my first question, and the second solved
itself. I was having computer problems, not VBA problems.

Martin