-   -   Does this slow down calculation? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65264-does-slow-down-calculation.html)

sfrancoe

Does this slow down calculation?

I want to put some spaces between arguments in formulas to make the more
readable but I was wondering if this slows down the calculation time?

For example if I have a sheet with many formulas will the calculation times
be different between the two examples?

IF(VLOOKUP(A1,MyRange,3,False)="yes",Sum(D1:G1),av erage(B1:C1))

IF( VLOOKUP(A1,MyRange,3,False)="yes", Sum(D1:G1), Average(B1:C1))

Dave Peterson

Does this slow down calculation?

I don't think so.

In fact, I sometimes add alt-enters to make the formula easier to read, too.

--

Dave Peterson