-   -   how to make a histogram with frequency (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65258-how-make-histogram-frequency.html)

hannah553

how to make a histogram with frequency

how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins. all i
have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the frequency of
each one. can i make a histogram with this data?

Mike Middleton

how to make a histogram with frequency

hannah553 -

how do you use the histogram function?i don't really understand bins. all
i have in my data are income groups e.g 0-10k, 11-20k etc and the
frequency of each one. can i make a histogram with this data? <

To use the Histogram tool, the data range is the raw data on a worksheet,
and the bins are values you enter in the worksheet to specify the upper
limits for each interval of the frequency distribution. The Histogram tool
creates the frequency distribution and a Column chart.

You already have a frequency distribution, so you could create a Column
chart to display the results.

- Mike
www.mikemiddleton.com