-   -   How do I start a new application when I open a file? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/65018-how-do-i-start-new-application-when-i-open-file.html)

jkwillis99

How do I start a new application when I open a file?

I have a spreadsheet open in Excel and want to click on and open another
Excel spreadsheet in a seperate Excel application without starting another
Excel application then going to open and finding the file.

Chip Pearson

How do I start a new application when I open a file?

Use the Shell function. E.g.,

Sub AutoOpen()
Shell "excel.exe H:\book1.xls"
End Sub