-   -   Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64858-dates.html)

Cindy Smith

Dates

I have dates entered like 20051214. How do I format them so that Excel will
recognize as a date?

pinmaster

Dates

Select the column with dates, go to Data/Text to Columns...select Fixed Width
then NEXT NEXT now select Date from the option on the top right corner and
from the drop down menu select YMD. hit Finish.

HTH
JG

"Cindy Smith" wrote:

I have dates entered like 20051214. How do I format them so that Excel will
recognize as a date?

pinmaster

Dates

Hi Cindy

Instead of selecting the whole column select the range of cells only,
seleting the whole column might have some undisreable effect.

Regards
JG