-   -   copying function value (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64853-copying-function-value.html)

Miss Dedly

copying function value

once i have the value of a function, how do i copy and paste that information
into another sheet and have it show the value?
right now when I copy and paste it into another sheet its creating another
value with information from that sheet

Miss Dedly

copying function value

NEVERMIND i figured it out (im smarter then i thought)

"Miss Dedly" wrote:

once i have the value of a function, how do i copy and paste that information
into another sheet and have it show the value?
right now when I copy and paste it into another sheet its creating another
value with information from that sheet

Pete

copying function value

You need to <copy the cell where the formula is, then click to the
other sheet and cell, then Edit | Paste Special | Values | OK and <esc
or <enter. This will fix the values, whereas copy/paste will copy the
formula.

Hope this helps.

Pete