-   -   Excel and Dates (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64849-excel-dates.html)

Cindy Smith

Excel and Dates

Is there a formula which will tell me what day of the week a certain fell on?

David Billigmeier

Excel and Dates

<Format<Cells
Go to the "Number" tab
Click on "Custom"
Enter "dddd" (without the quotes)

Dave

"Cindy Smith" wrote:

Is there a formula which will tell me what day of the week a certain fell on?

Sloth

Excel and Dates

=WEEKDAY(A1)

outputs the day number (1-7) of the week. If you need the name of the day
(Sun-Sat), then use a custom number format of

dddd

or, use this formula and format as general

=TEXT(WEEKDAY(A1),"dddd")