-   -   combining 2 columns of data (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64839-combining-2-columns-data.html)

Miss Dedly

combining 2 columns of data

hello
my problem is i have a list of names (one column of first names, and one
column of last names), my boss says we need to have the first and last names
in the same column. Is there any way that the Data can be combined without
having to retype all 5000 names??

Dave O

combining 2 columns of data

You can write a formula in a new cell to combine cells. For instance
if the first name is in A1 and the last name is in B1, you can write a
formula in C1 like this:
=A1&" "&B1

This joins the value of A1 with a space and the value of B1. If you
need to you can arrange it to be last name comma first name:
=B1&", "&A1