-   -   Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64758-opening-excel-launch-bar-opens-2-existing-files-not-blank.html)

laralea

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does
anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools Options
General at startup open all files in: and there is no entry.

Thanks!

Michael

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on

Look to see if those files may have gotten saved in the XLSTART folder. HTH
--
Sincerely, Michael Colvin

"laralea" wrote:

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank one - does
anyone have any idea why? I checked the setting under Tools Options
General at startup open all files in: and there is no entry.

Thanks!

Gord Dibben

Opening excel from launch bar opens 2 existing files, not blank on

laralea

Do the files show :1 and :2 after the name in the title bar?

If so, you have two windows open of the same file.

WindowArrangeVertical to see them side by side.

Close one of them using the workbook "x" then save the file.

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP