-   -   converting general cells format to text (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64751-converting-general-cells-format-text.html)

junkgrrl

converting general cells format to text

I'm having a hard time converting already existing general cells into text
format. I'm trying to change it into text format so SAS will be able to
recognize it. Without the "green indicator", SAS, for some reason, will treat
it as a "general" cell even though I've saved it and changed the cells into
text. Any suggestions?

Sloth

converting general cells format to text

Sometimes when you type a number into a cell and then change the format to
text, it does not "set in" imediately. Hit F2 and then enter on each cell
and it should change it for you. Hope this helps.