Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CCW

Default Cell Height & Width Equal

I often need to draw Items and it would be useful to make the spread sheet
look and print like graph paper. Is there a way to make both heigth and
width the same for each cell?
Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
CLR

I set the column widths to 1.71...........that works out pretty close for me.

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

"CCW" wrote:

I often need to draw Items and it would be useful to make the spread sheet
look and print like graph paper. Is there a way to make both heigth and
width the same for each cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
B. R.Ramachandran

Hi,

Click on the top left-side corner box (left side of the column label "A" and
above the row label "1"); this would highlight the entire worksheet area.
Move the mouse pointer to any column boundary (e.g., the line between columns
A and B). The pointer would turn in to a double-headed arrow with a
cross-line. Left-click and hold; the column width will show up as a number
and also as pixels in parentheses. With the button depressed, drag the mouse
to get an appropriate column width, note the number of pixels, and release
the button. Now follow a similar procedure for any row boundary (e.g., the
line between rows 1 and 2), adjust the row height to the same number of
pixels as the column width.

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"CCW" wrote:

I often need to draw Items and it would be useful to make the spread sheet
look and print like graph paper. Is there a way to make both heigth and
width the same for each cell?

Posted to microsoft.public.excel.misc
Gord Dibben

Assuming 96 pixels per inch you could approximate but at different resolutions
your approximation can be off.

If you want to use VBA to set height and width in mm which you then convert to
inches at 25.4 mm per inch..........

Ole Erlandson has code for setting row and column dimensions.

http://www.erlandsendata.no/english/...vbawssetrowcol

Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP