-   -   Sorting Data by multiple criteria (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64701-sorting-data-multiple-criteria.html)

Eggtavius

Sorting Data by multiple criteria

I need help understanding a way to sort through a list of records such as the
following:

ID Date Updated Notes/History
200G 02/05/2005 Client considering quote
200G 03/04/2005 Client received quote
200E 14/04/2005 Awaiting Board Approval
200E 23/04/2005 Manager not available to discuss
200E 03/02/2005 Client received quote
2001 03/04/2005 Client received quote

What I need is to be able to hide or filter out the oldest records to be
left with only the most recent activity for each ID.

In the example above, I would only want to show the records as follows:

ID Date Updated Notes/History
200G 02/05/2005 Client considering quote
200E 23/04/2005 Manager not available to discuss
2001 03/04/2005 Client received quote

(Note: Dates above are DD/MM/YYYY)

--
Many Tahnks
EGGcel

Bob Phillips

Sorting Data by multiple criteria

Add this formula to D2

=B2=MAX(IF($A$2:$A$200=A2,$B$2:$B$200))

as an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter, and then copy down

Then just filter column D for TRUE values

--
HTH

Bob Phillips

"Eggtavius" wrote in message
[...]