-   -   Range of numbers in a single cell (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64582-range-numbers-single-cell.html)

DRB

Range of numbers in a single cell

I need to change what I multiple by based on the entered number.

If the entered number is 1 to 3, I need to multiply by .25
If the entered number is 4 to 6, I need to multiply by .5
If the entered number is 7 to 9, I need to multiply by .75
If the entered number is 10 to 12, I need to multiply by 1 and so forth.

so if I enter 5 in A6, it will multiply 5 by .5 and put the result in A7

Any suggestions?

Sloth

Range of numbers in a single cell

=A1*(1+INT((A1-1)/3))/4

"DRB" wrote:

I need to change what I multiple by based on the entered number.

If the entered number is 1 to 3, I need to multiply by .25
If the entered number is 4 to 6, I need to multiply by .5
If the entered number is 7 to 9, I need to multiply by .75
If the entered number is 10 to 12, I need to multiply by 1 and so forth.

so if I enter 5 in A6, it will multiply 5 by .5 and put the result in A7

Any suggestions?

DRB

Range of numbers in a single cell

Very much thanks. You saved my sanity.