-   -   How do I get an excel macro to stop at a cell & wait for imput? (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64443-how-do-i-get-excel-macro-stop-cell-wait-imput.html)

oscar_az

How do I get an excel macro to stop at a cell & wait for imput?

What can be used to replace the "{?}" command used in lotus macros to pause
and wait for data entry? The lotus macro worked fine in excel 97 but after
switching to excel 2003 did not.

bpeltzer

How do I get an excel macro to stop at a cell & wait for imput?

You can use the inputbox, as in:
Sub test()
Dim YourInput As String
YourInput = InputBox("What is your input?")
MsgBox ("Your input was " & YourInput)
End Sub