-   -   Changing Forecast Data to Actual (https://www.excelbanter.com/excel-discussion-misc-queries/64405-changing-forecast-data-actual.html)

Brian Hearty via OfficeKB.com

Changing Forecast Data to Actual

I'm attempting to create a spreadsheet in Excel 2002 that records forecast
and actual data.

What I want to do is have forecast data for the period April to March in Row
1 and in another row (i.e. Row 5) record at the end of each month the actual
data for that month. Once the actual data for a month has been recorded I
want excel to turn the corresponding forecast figure for that particular
month to £0.00.

I've tried using conditional formatting but am unsure if this is possible.

Can anyone help?

broro183

Changing Forecast Data to Actual

Hi,
I may have misunderstood, but does this help...

Put your forecast figures in row 1 as normal & in row 2 (you may want
to insert another row) type "=if(A5<0,0,a1)" & format the cell for
pounds.

Hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
I'm still learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

--
broro183
broro183's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=30068

Brian Hearty via OfficeKB.com

Changing Forecast Data to Actual

Thanks Rob

That help to solve the problem.

Happy learning!

broro183 wrote:
Hi,
I may have misunderstood, but does this help...

Put your forecast figures in row 1 as normal & in row 2 (you may want
to insert another row) type "=if(A5<0,0,a1)" & format the cell for
pounds.

Hth,
Rob Brockett
NZ
I'm still learning & the best way to learn is to experience...

broro183

Changing Forecast Data to Actual

That's cool - Happy learning to you too
:-)